Sunday, May 31, 2015

TIME MOVES SO SLOWLY

So, week 14 -
I was amazed when I went back and counted the weeks, because I felt I was much further ahead than 14 weeks!!
Where am I at. Not too far along, but Im determined to mark every little positive and note every little change even if they are small.
I feel its the only way to get through this.... believe you me, this is by far the most frustrating part of the recovery - and why? Because it requires a great deal of patience - I mean - ABSOLUTE patience.
This week, I have been a lot better at managing my pain, mostly because I heeded the physios warning - that I COULD do damage to the tendon again if I dont give it the time it requires. That scared me. I really do not want to undo all the magical work that was done during surgery - how stupid would that be?? But its so very hard. Everyone sees you are up and about, walking perhaps with one crutch - oh, she must be better - then I turn around and say, I have to rest - I have awful pain - and I know there is a look in their eye - not quite believing...

So - the positives?? Here they are -
At the 14 week mark, I notice -

  • My foot is not as swollen at the end of the day
  • The scars are really fading - due to me rigidly massaging all the time
  • I can go longer on my feet
  • I am starting to walk with less of a limp when I dont have the crutches
  • I have great movement in my foot - again, due to doing my physio exercises
  • I can go up and down the stairs, one foot at a time, instead of going up and down with my "good" foot leading. 
  • Yesterday, I went to 2 supermarkets, and didnt end up in agony - thats my tester! 
I have been given the go ahead to start swimming again - Im going today - and I cant wait. Just to have a bit of floatation for this poor aching body. Im going to start slowly, and not have large expectations. I also have purchased a second hand exercise bike, which again, I will be building up my time on it. Keeping the joints moving. I have a lot of pain in my hips for some reason, so hoping the swimming will help with that. 

I am a very positive person - I like to focus on the positives. I cant pretend that it gets really hard sometimes, but on the whole, its getting there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment